As part of its mission to enhance knowledge of standards and standardization, SES - The Society for Standards Professionals, provides a variety of educational opportunities:
- Continuing Education Courses - offered at the Annual SES Conference
- Standards Aware™ Series - online professional development courses
- Webinars - focusing on areas of emerging and current standards topics
- Certified Standards Professional - a certification program to recognize person's who have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence in different areas of standards.
- NIST, SES, and Standards Education (Click here to see a list of papers to download) - In 2011, the Standards Coordination Office of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) began a program of education challenge grants (later to become cooperative agreements) to support the development of new approaches to education about standards in institutes of higher education.
- New 2017 SES Student Scholarship Program!
The Society for Standards Professionals has established a Scholarship Program to support students involved in and use standards in their academic curriculum. We know that each new generation of graduating students holds the potential for helping us achieve our mission of increasing awareness and use of standards.
Individual or Organization members may support the SES Scholarship Program. Underwriters Laboratories (www.ul.com) is the first organization to co-sponsor the newly established program.
Click here for more information.
For inquiries on scholarship funding opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) awarded two grants to Purdue University and SES as part of an effort to improve the integration of standardization into the curriculum of business and engineering programs at U.S. colleges and universities. To view the materials click here: http://www.ip-shield.com/Nist.aspx
This video was prepared by Standards Engineering Society (SES - The Society for Standards Professionals) under award 2012-NIST-MSE-01 from NIST Education Challenge Grant - Standard Services Group, U.S. Department of Commerce.The statements, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Standard Services Group or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
For more information on SES education opportunities or interest in joining the Education Committee, contact: email@example.com.